Invoke is seeking a DevOps engineer who likes the challenge of being a one-person shop and is excited to do it all.
You will build and lead the process automation for deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Invoke’s built-from-scratch new cloud-based SaaS product. In addition you will be responsible for maintaining the physically hosted legacy Invoke software platform until it is phased out by the end of this year.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of automation and monitoring solutions to support Invoke’s SaaS platform. You will work closely with the Waltham-based engineering team to troubleshoot problems as they arise and ensure uptime and performance goals are met.
- Design cloud deployment infrastructure
- Build and maintain process automation
- Be on-call to respond to production emergencies
- 5+ years Linux systems administration
- 3+ years Windows system administration
- Experience implementing a process automation solution (Puppet, Chef, or similar)
- Networking experience: Firewall and switch configuration
- Experience with change control practices
- Experience monitoring and supporting multi-tier application clusters
Desired Skills And Experience:
- MySQL sysadmin experience, preferably with replication
- Familiarity with PCI and other security and compliance standards
Nice To Have Skills And Experience:
- MongoDB sysadmin experience
- Java web application sysadmin experience
“Invoke”, based in Boston (Waltham), MA, is a pioneer and patent holder for Large Scale Focus Group™ technology. Our platform is delivering value to premium customers today, but we’re building its next version from scratch to prepare the company to meet the challenges of the future. Additionally, Invoke also has more than 300 premier educational institutions that rely on our CoursEval™ product to generate student ratings of courses and instructors. These products establish Invoke as a technology and insights leader in qualitative and quantitative research for the business, education, and media & entertainment industries.
Key technologies we’re utilizing in our Java-based stack include:
- Dropwizard application framework
- ReactJS on the front end, both browser-based and server-side rendering utilizing node.js
- MySQL to store the stuff that doesn’t go in Mongo
- Gradle for our builds
- Linux on our laptops
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org